“God loved us so much that we must love each other without reservation.”
At St Bernadette’s our motto “Love One Another” is reflected in the way our community shows care and concern for all with whom we come in contact. Each member of the school community is supported in their spiritual, personal, emotional and academic growth; they are encouraged to create a school environment which works towards reflecting our faith and all its values. We encourage our community to foster and nurture wellbeing in our school community.
- An education for the whole child that includes the physical, emotional, intellectual, moral and spiritual dimensions of the child.
- The opportunity for all staff to foster engagement and wellbeing so that each student is able to achieve their best and enjoy their educational experience.
- For students to learn about the benefits of effective social interactions in order to enhance their intellectual skills and problem solving capacity.
- Support to students in the development of social competencies such as managing negative emotions, goal setting, thinking about the rights of other and perseverance.
- We teach and live our school values of Love, Honesty, Respect, Compassion, Self-Control, Giving, Perseverance and Responsibility.
Our whole school approach to Wellbeing is nurtured through the following strategies:
- Positive relationships community wide
- Restorative Practices for conflict resolution
- Values Education
- Circle Time
- The Act of Kindness Award
- Whole school approach to Social and Emotional learning (SEL)
- Diversity day
- Buddy program
- Student Action Teams
- Social Justice focus
- Community partnerships
- The Resilience Project
CISS/FVISS contact: email@example.com